Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harkrish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2019
I have an old Sony 4k TV (2017model with no airplay support) and planning to buy a Dolby Atmos supported Home Theater System and Apple TV 4k. I already have Homepod.

Is it possible to completely control ALL TV Settings and Soundbar settings using Siri on Homepod? Has anyone tried that level of integration?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
For the most part, no.

You'll have some very basic functionality via the HDMI CEC which was activated by a Siri command to the HomePod however you will need remotes.

The Siri remote that comes with the AppleTV can do much more when it comes to controlling the TV but that requires you to hold the button and speak into it. And now the iPhone can perform a lot of task via Siri that used to require the Siri Remote, however its done through AirPlay and data in the apps on the iPhone.

Reactions: mmomega

mmomega

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Outside of adjusting the volume and turning the devices on and off, that's about the most control I get from mine.
Sony 4K and Sony sound bar.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I have an old Sony 4k TV (2017model with no airplay support) and planning to buy a Dolby Atmos supported Home Theater System and Apple TV 4k. I already have Homepod.

Is it possible to completely control ALL TV Settings and Soundbar settings using Siri on Homepod? Has anyone tried that level of integration?

Not enough i would think

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.