Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olippc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2016
I'm thinking of selling my PowerMac G4 Quicksilver on Ebay to buy a Macbook with a Intel processor.

How much would this PowerMac sell for?

Here are the specs:
- Airport Card
- 512MB RAM
- 2 Hard Drives (20GB, 18GB)
- Running Leopard (I'll probably sell the official Leopard CD with box)
- 1 GHz G4 Processor
- Will probably sell power cord with keyboard and mouse

Thanks.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I offered two of these free to anyone who would take them. Nobody did. I ended up leaving them out on the kerb, still took a couple of hours before they were gone.

adib

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Singapore
I'm thinking of selling my PowerMac G4 Quicksilver on Ebay to buy a Macbook with a Intel processor.

How much would this PowerMac sell for?

Here are the specs:
- Airport Card
- 512MB RAM
- 2 Hard Drives (20GB, 18GB)
- Running Leopard (I'll probably sell the official Leopard CD with box)
- 1 GHz G4 Processor
- Will probably sell power cord with keyboard and mouse

Thanks.
Refurb it and wait for another 20 years. Sell to museum for a few hundred K.

Reactions: JamesPDX

cameronmiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2016
How much would a PowerPC G5 dual core 2GHz go for with 3 GB of ram. Also comes with an AirPort Card, AppleCinema Display, and keyboard and mouse.

JamesPDX

Suspended
Aug 26, 2014
USA
That machine will run Pro Tools 7.4 really great on Tiger. I've used that setup to simultaneously record 16 tracks of 24-bit/44.1KHz (or 48KHz) WAV or AIFF audio. No dongles, no external drives. Just an 003R and a ART Tube-Opto Pre.

JamesPDX

Suspended
Aug 26, 2014
USA
It'd be interesting to (can you?) install 10.4.11 onto an SSD with Pro Tools, etc., wait 20 years (it's sooner than you think) and see what happens when you boot it up. Even if you keep the machine off, you may have to keep it plugged in -or often enough that the capacitors don't dry out. Read that somewhere. YMMV...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.