Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rachislenska

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
so how often are you using it? daily? every other day? 1-2 days/week or even less?

coming from 2013 MacBook Pro I was surprised at the level of upgrade. the machine is fast, responsive and better in every aspect. I was using it daily for hours initially as my research paper was in finishing stages. Now that its completed and uploaded and with me waiting for the journal decision I'm not using it as frequently. My screen time is like 1.5 hrs /day on most days and on weekends I barely use it. The thing is even though its so lightweight for a laptop it can't replace my iPad for iPad things. its better to watch movies than my MacBook Pro but still I kind of prefer my iPad.
I feel like over time I will use it mainly for professional tasks like my earlier Mac instead of the all in one device. I love the device by my screen time is returning to my usual average. guess I can't phase out my iPad altogether.

so how frequently are you all using your MacBook?

Reactions: Queen6

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i am on my MBA all day, every day... except when:
a. my GF drags me away (kicking & screaming)
b. i can no longer delay the bathroom
c. there's a new 'archer' or 'house of the dragon'
d. i'm on my iphone

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Depends on workload. If I have "heavy" programming to do I'll spend around 4 hours in the mornings on my Mac mini in my office then a few hours later in the day in the lounge on my Air. For less "heavy" days I'll use my Air for everything.

rachislenska

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Daily. It's a notebook like any other.

Weird question really.
Not weird.just asked because my own use hours is returning back to my average inspite of speed and lightness/portability after initially using it for everything.

wierd response though 😆

OAG7

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2020
Central Ohio
Use my MBA M2 10/24/512 every day (4 to 7 hours). Since getting it I tend to not even use my MBP PRO MAX 32/32/1TB very much. Travel plans include taking the MBA and leaving the MBP home.

canadianpj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
More than I thought I would be honest, at least 4 days out of the week. My main driver is still my iPad Air but I'm really enjoying the Macbook Air.

Reactions: mr_jomo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.