Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheukfh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2022
Guangdong
I bought a Caldigit TS4, and the website show me it could run 2 XDR in 6K 60Hz over one TB4 cable.

I understand M1 Pro / Max / Ultra can using DSC to do that, but I can't understand why 2019 MBP 16 with Navi Radeon Pro graphic card are unsupported, it also support DSC too.

any way to explain that?

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
any way to explain that?
No except maybe MBP can't handle all the pixels of more than one XDR? Has anyone actually tried connecting two XDR to a single Thunderbolt port of the 2019 MBP using a Thunderbolt 4 dock?
I would try these steps:

- Connect two 4K displays to a Thunderbolt 4 hub/dock connected to the the 2019 MBP to make sure it can support two displays.
- Connect one XDR display to 2019 MBP and use AllRez to see if it was connecting using HBR2+DSC instead of dual HBR3 to get 6K60. Try Catalina if Big Sur or Monterey don't enable DSC.
- Connect one XDR and one 4K and use AllRez to make sure they are connecting at HBR2 and getting 4K60 and 6K60 with the XDR using DSC.
- Connect two XDR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.