Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coyote78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
This migt sound as a dumb questions to experienced mac users. I just switched from PC to Mac, but have problems with Iphoto and Lightroom.

Problem 1.

I import all my pictures to the IPhoto library from my camera. I then import the forlders i want into lightroom from the Iphoto library. When changing picture names in lightroom, the reference in IPhoto now longer works. How can i fix this? How should i work with my photos if i both want to use Iphoto and Lightroom?

Problem 2.

After upgrading to Iphoto 08, the Iphoto library are no longer accesible to the Lightroom application. Previously i thougt it was a normal folder, but now it seems like a package??? (Yes i am a newbee) I am not able to browse the IPhoto library. How can i make this work?

I am used to PC and working with files in folders i have controll over. How can i get controll of my pictures on a mac.

I would be very glad if someone could help me.

kind regards

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
The iPhoto library and the Lightroom library too not work together as nicely as Aperture and iPhoto. You shouldn't reference the iPhoto library and import into Lightroom, rather to the opposite. Import into Lightroom and then use iPhoto to reference those folders. It will make life about 1000x easier as the iPhoto library is a mess if you try to do anything with it other than manage iPhoto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.