Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
Nothing happened externally but I’m wondering if there is something that can happen on the inside due to the shock? The sigma 56 mm 1.4 lens was attached to the camera so they absorbed the impact

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Biggest concern would be the lens, but I'd also worry about the sensor.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
How hard did you kick it? I'm guessing if you see no damage and the camera still works, you should be fine. There aren't as many moving parts in a mirrorless camera to get bumped around, other than the IBIS mechanism.

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
does it turn on? take some pics, inspect them for anything that "doesn't belong in the picture" ...
apart of the noise the sigma lens is making when focusing, nothing seems out of order ..the noise might have been there before and it might be normal though

jordysak

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
How hard did you kick it? I'm guessing if you see no damage and the camera still works, you should be fine. There aren't as many moving parts in a mirrorless camera to get bumped around, other than the IBIS mechanism.
it was more like bumping into it as I was walking , it was on the floor and it got hit as I put my foot ahead ..so not like a footballer's kick but strong enough to move it out of place ..its the shock that worries me

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Check to see it takes decent pictures, that the IBIS works, that the lens focuses as expected. Some shots of brick walls or something like that to see if there is obvious damage.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
It doesn't sound to me like you got it that hard. Bear in mind these things are designed for field use with a certain amount of abuse accounted for. Usually what does the most damage is dropping something from 3-4 feet (from fumbling) onto a hard surface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.