Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddimax

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2015
hi!

anyone knows how to backup my live photos from iphone to pc (windows). i am not asking to play those photos on pc, i just want to backup them and for couple of months/years be able to take it back to my iphone. is there any way to do this? i know live photos is combination of .jpg and .mov file, i can download both files easily to pc, but i dont know how to put them back to iphone.

i know there is icloud solution but 5gb is too small for me and i dont want to pay just to keep my photos.. also, there is google photos but they compress live photos and i want original file without quality loss.

any help?
thanx

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
The best is to backup Live Photos in the forms of jpg+mov but not a real "live photo". However, google has a new app called "motion still" specifically designed to process Live Photos. You might also save Live Photos as GIF files.

Update: that app cannot save Live Photos as animated GIF. My bad.

eddimax

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2015
thanx shiraski, but i am not interested in GIF's, its too much lost of video quality and i will complitely lost sound ... i want to keep my quality the way it is now.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
For the paltry sum of a 50GB iCloud subscription it would really solve all your problems without all this hassle you are finding.

eddimax

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2015
Would not solve my problems because i have more than 50Gb of photos and almost empty 5Tb local disc where i could keep it .. icloud is not an option

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
hi!

anyone knows how to backup my live photos from iphone to pc (windows). i am not asking to play those photos on pc, i just want to backup them and for couple of months/years be able to take it back to my iphone. is there any way to do this? i know live photos is combination of .jpg and .mov file, i can download both files easily to pc, but i dont know how to put them back to iphone.

i know there is icloud solution but 5gb is too small for me and i dont want to pay just to keep my photos.. also, there is google photos but they compress live photos and i want original file without quality loss.

any help?
thanx
use dropbox or google drive auto upload.

eddimax

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2015
dropbox doesnt support live photos
google reduces the picture quality heavily
so .. NO!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.