Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sos47

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
I take all my photos with iPhone and DSLR. All photos move to my iPad/Mac over iCloud synchronizing or importing (Lightning SD Card). This works very well.
As a next step, i tag the best pictures as "favorites".

But how to delete all the untagged "non-favorite" photos? In the iOS Photos App there is no filter or Smartalbum to separate and delete those pics. on OSX Photos i can separate "non-favorite" photos with smartalbum, but i cannot delete them.

I moved from Adobe Lightroom where this was very easy. I'am interested in any hint or a better workflow. or third party apps. thank you.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Get back to Lightroom where with a CC subscription you create collections and can decide which ones you synch with your IOS devices that have Lr mobile running. Plus on the desktop you have access to all the Lr plugins such as PS, Nik, Macphun, OnOne, DxO,....etc.

If I shoot on my iPhone I use the camera in Lr mobile. It automatically synchs the images back to LR on my desktop. Please I can use those images in the collections to create Myportfolio galleries via my CC subscriptions. It will all that much nicer when IOS 10 and iPhone 7 start supporting DNG raw files.

Reactions: tgara

sos47

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
Get back to Lightroom where with a CC subscription you create collections and can decide which ones you synch with your IOS devices that have Lr mobile running. Plus on the desktop you have access to all the Lr plugins such as PS, Nik, Macphun, OnOne, DxO,....etc.

If I shoot on my iPhone I use the camera in Lr mobile. It automatically synchs the images back to LR on my desktop. Please I can use those images in the collections to create Myportfolio galleries via my CC subscriptions. It will all that much nicer when IOS 10 and iPhone 7 start supporting DNG raw files.

thank you MCAsan!

i left Lightroom because of CC. High costs, low function on iOS. ive tried it.
Now, i use snapseed for editing wich is much better than iOS LR. And in the end i must have a LR desktop version to manage my pictures. Nothing "on the go" with LR.

SeeSome

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2017
Boston, MA
I made an app for that https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deleter/id1180101544?ls=1&mt=8
It allows you to delete all but favourite photos on any iOS device (iPhone, iPad)

Kudos to Saleksandras! I just downloaded his "Deleter" app and it worked perfectly! I ran the app, it selected the 2,600 photos on my phone that I hadn't marked as favorites and ignored the 600 that I had favorited. When I hit delete, it moved all of the non-favorites from my camera roll to the recently deleted folder (so I could recover them for 30 days if I needed to). It took a minute or so to delete everything, but it was 9gb of photos, so I think it can be excused for that :)

It was a bit nerve-wracking to hit delete on that many photos, but I had already backed up my camera roll to my PC using the PhotoSync app (another great tool), so I wasn't really worried.

I don't know why Apple doesn't include a mass-selection tool to easily select all favorite or non-favorite photos, but this app does the job!

Reactions: saleksandras
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.