Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

findtom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Hi,

I’m a PC user who is about to jump in and buy his first Mac.

I use Photo Shop and really like it. One of the features I use is the resizing of images. I can tell photoshop what size I want and it does it. Now I’ve been onto the Apple store in Bluewater and they couldn’t answer this question but...... What software will allow me to do this in the same kind of way Photo Shop does? I don’t really want to spend £700 again on Photoshop and if I’m honest it’s a bit of overkill for what I use it for. So what will let me do this? Does Aperture 2 let me do it?
Many thanks,

Tom.

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
If you just want basic resizing, the "built-in" Preview can do it.

For batch resizing, there are numerous freeware apps.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Many apps will do this...

I recommend Graphic Converter

But you can also use:
Pixelmator
The Gimp
Seashore

and others I'm sure

I think Preview will even do this

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

mdo574

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2008
Hi,

I’m a PC user who is about to jump in and buy his first Mac.

I use Photo Shop and really like it. One of the features I use is the resizing of images. I can tell photoshop what size I want and it does it. Now I’ve been onto the Apple store in Bluewater and they couldn’t answer this question but...... What software will allow me to do this in the same kind of way Photo Shop does? I don’t really want to spend £700 again on Photoshop and if I’m honest it’s a bit of overkill for what I use it for. So what will let me do this? Does Aperture 2 let me do it?
Many thanks,

Tom.
pixresizer.en.softonic.com go here its free and awsome, i use it all the time

http://3d2f.com/programs/25-228-macimage-resizer-download.shtml
ok here is one for mac free and easy

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Had a friend recently move his Adobe licenses from PC to Mac and only had to pay 50 USD to do so.

I use Fractals 6 for all of my resizing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.