Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirkla79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
How do I change my payment method without iTunes?

I got an apple TV but am unable to verify my payment method or my account. It has been several years since I even logged in to my Apple account and the payment method is no longer valid. I currently do not have an Idevice and my windows machine is out of commission.

I can login into my appleID account, but I cannot change payment method, just address.

I can't believe that I can't update this info online, but only through an app.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Do you not have a pc with iTunes installed or any iOS device laying round as it can be done from either. Failing that you can do it in an Apple Store if your pushed.

Reactions: kirkla79

kirkla79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
Unfortunately my old iPhone 3G died years ago, and my PC is waiting on a part.

I just can't believe this is something I can't do through a browser.

Guess I will have to wait. Apple store is too far away and would rather not use a public computer anyways.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
You can change your payment info without iTunes at appleid.apple.com.

"This payment method will be used when you make purchases in the iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Online Store, and more."

kirkla79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
You can change your payment info without iTunes at appleid.apple.com.

"This payment method will be used when you make purchases in the iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Online Store, and more."

It does not let me change payment method. Just my address.

kirkla79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
Try "change billing info" on the Apple store account page:

http://www.apple.com/shop/account/home

Changed card there. However my apple store account had a different even older card in it. Changed it anyway but still does not change the card in my itunes account.
[doublepost=1481437911][/doublepost]
Does it even show your payment information?

It shows which card is saved to my itunes account, but gives me no option to change it.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Changed card there. However my apple store account had a different even older card in it. Changed it anyway but still does not change the card in my itunes account.
Hm, didn't realize they had separate payment methods for the store and iTunes. According to this support article, either an iOS device or iTunes seem to be the only ways to change it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201266

Reactions: kirkla79
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.