Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XchaDali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2018
I used Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 10 Pro on my MacBook Pro 2018 (15 inch, i7, 16g) and want to play some games in my spare time.

I use Intel XTU and ThrottleStop to control CPU turbo boost maximum and the maximum power. It’s useful and I make my MacBook can run under 95 ℃ at 3.5-4.0 GHz under stress. But I still got unstable FPS when I’m playing games.

I can get 60 FPS at first but after I landed, the frame always fluctuation between 15 to 35 FPS, even worse than my old MacBook Pro 15 inch (late 2013, GT 750M)

I just want to have a stable FPS under 40, I think it’s not a difficult problem of Radeon Pro 560X. Can somebody help me to adjust my settings or find the issues of my settings to make it able to play the game?

Here’s my screenshot of the settings:https://imgur.com/gallery/2FYGxrk

English isn’t my mother language so if you got something confused, just tell me and I will try my best to explain it clearly. I’m eager to get your help. Thanks.

Dovahkiing

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2013
PUBG is, at least a year ago when I was into it, notoriously unoptimized. Not the answer you're looking for, but I would forget about PUBG in on a 2016+ MBP. Even if the graphics card is capable, the main issue is heat. That game will tax your CPU and GPU to maximum and the chassis just can't dissipate that heat fast enough; hence the throttling and 15 fps.

Have you tried to set everything to the lowest setting and 1080p or lower display resolution? Do that - if it still has low FPS there's nothing you can do.

XchaDali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2018
Use the drivers from bootcampdrivers.com

Thank me later
Is that useful for MacBook Pro 2018?
[doublepost=1533526822][/doublepost]
Use the drivers from bootcampdrivers.com

Thank me later
Okay I see that the latest update will be out around August 7th/8th, I will wait the latest update and try it. Thanks bro

XchaDali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2018
NVIDIA GeForce NOW
lol, I have been waited for 4 months, nvidia still didn't send me the invite code
[doublepost=1533528364][/doublepost]
PUBG is, at least a year ago when I was into it, notoriously unoptimized. Not the answer you're looking for, but I would forget about PUBG in on a 2016+ MBP. Even if the graphics card is capable, the main issue is heat. That game will tax your CPU and GPU to maximum and the chassis just can't dissipate that heat fast enough; hence the throttling and 15 fps.

Have you tried to set everything to the lowest setting and 1080p or lower display resolution? Do that - if it still has low FPS there's nothing you can do.
Maybe the drivers need to update... Now PUBG is better, the 560X satisfied its lowest demand

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.