Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IslandOwl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2011
For some reason in some unknown place Autofill has memorized VASHON so every single time I try to type Vashon my Mac, iPhone, and iPad all "correct" it to VASHON.

Can someone tell me the Master Location for this "learned behavior" so I can go in and delete it?

The autofill is happening everywhere - in Contacts, in email, etc.

Ps. Vashon is an island in Puget Sound just south / southwest of Seattle.

TIA

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Text substitutions can be fixed in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Text. If it's doing a spelling substitution (why??? but maybe that's the problem) that would imply that VASHON is somehow considered in the dictionary but Vashon is not. In that case you can add Vashon by selecting it and then doing "Learn Spelling" from the context menu. I noticed that Vashon is not in my dictionary -- I expect that if I had accidentally done a Learn Spelling on VASHON I'd get what you are seeing. In that case I'd remove VASHON from the text file ~/Libary/Spelling/LocalDictionary.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I have predictive text and spell autocorrection turned off on my iPad. Definitions are still turned on, as I use them occasionally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.