Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayubsulong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2017
Updated my mac with High Sierra yesterday, with success. Since I am new with mac OS and partition, I created one small (22GB) and one big partition (100GB). After a painstaking HS installation (on smaller partition of internal drive), I made a mistake of erasing my big partition one after copied everything on an external drive.

Now I am stuck with how to get the multiple internal hard drive back.

Pls help..

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 1.47.01 PM.png

Only HS1 appears under internal tab.

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 6.59.59 PM.png

Thanks folks!

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
When I first started using Macs, I did a lot of things that, in hindsight, weren't good but I certainly learned from my mistakes. Everyone has to start somewhere and a good way to learn is to make mistakes and learn from them.

Reactions: ayubsulong

ZapNZs

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2017
I believe you need to go to View-->Show All Devices, and you may need to mount.

Because the HS OS destination is so small that operating problems seem likely, if it were me I would reformat the hard drive as a much larger OS partition (or a single partition) and reinstall High Sierra.

Last edited:
Reactions: ayubsulong

ayubsulong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2017
Thanks a bunch Audit13, BrianBaughn and ZapNZs for the input. I really appreciate your help. That's is why macrumors is cool eh?

Actually I worked on my MBA problem by following this guy's post.

I used terminal to solve the disk container issues.

--> sudo diskutil eraseVolume "Free Space" %noformat% /dev/disk0s3

Then, my empty disk container magically reappears. Yay!

@BrianBaughn that is due to my innocence of trying and error.
@ZapNZs I know right, but unfortunately after reinstalling my HS on now available larger storage.
@Audit13 I did that in the beginning, multiple times but to no avail. But thanks though, learned a lot due to the mistake.

Cau..

Reactions: Audit13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.