Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I have recently purchased Viveza 2 and am very happy with it as it is helping me make the majority of changes to my pictures that I want much faster than how I did it before.

However, there is now an effect that I wish to achieve.

When using the U-Point technology there is a sort of mix of keying and manual selection going on which when soloed creates a really cool image on some pictures.

I don't think I have explained myself very clearly but basically I would like to achieve this image:

screenshot20100424at235.png

From this one:

screenshot20100425at000.png

If someone knows how to do this in photoshop it would be a great help as I would like to create a high res version of this image!

Thanks

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Some other examples if anyone has a clue....

From this:

screenshot20100425at114.png

To this:

screenshot20100425at114.png

Thanks for the help!

rattydog

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
You could try to use radial gradients with Layer Masks on aspects such as Contrast or Curves. Attached is a quickie.

I boosted the overall exposure first and then added and B/W Layer mask that allowed me to darken the girl in the red channel most specifically and then two duplicate radial gradient Contrast masks set to normal.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    169.4 KB · Views: 68

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
You could try to use radial gradients with Layer Masks on aspects such as Contrast or Curves. Attached is a quickie.

I boosted the overall exposure first and then added and B/W Layer mask that allowed me to darken the girl in the red channel most specifically and then two duplicate radial gradient Contrast masks set to normal.

Thanks so much for this help! I think I have pretty much nailed the effect.
However, this is only really good for creating the perfectly round gradients!

If anyone has any further tips on really mastering the effect I would be most grateful!

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.