Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2018
Hello guys,

I recently got the 200 GB icloud storage plan in order to make backups in the cloud and upload all of my photos there. All of my photos are already uploaded to the cloud its about 20 GB. I checked how much storage I used on my phone for photos its 20 GB as well. So I assume that all the photos in the cloud are being saved in full resolution.

Now here is the problem: How do I get a photo in full resolution on my PC or MacBook? When logging in to icloud.com and go to the photos and select a photo to be downloaded it is always be downloaded in low resolution like 3 megapixels. I now downloaded the icloud drive addon for PC and there you can select to download all photos. I downloaded now my 2019 photos and those are in full resolution. But how can I download a specific photo only in full res? I cannot download all of my 2018 photos now just to get the one I want in full resolution.

I mean there must be a way to get them in full res right? Otherwise whats the purpose of having them in the cloud if I can only access crippled variants in low res of them?

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
When I go to iCloud.com and select a photo and press download, I get it in full resolution (Just tested it, got a 3264x2448 pixel image down). Are you absolutely sure you only get a 3MP photo down every time?

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2018
When I go to iCloud.com and select a photo and press download, I get it in full resolution (Just tested it, got a 3264x2448 pixel image down). Are you absolutely sure you only get a 3MP photo down every time?

Unfortunately yes. I have no idea why this is the case. I attached a photo with the details of the photo I downloaded. It doesnt matter which photo I download. And videos are in very very bad quality. Like its all just pixels and blurry.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 268
  • Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 246
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.