Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscorbin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Vallejo, CA
i was driving past the local church and saw a wedding happening and the photographer was doing his job, but he was dressed in a "wife beater"(torn tank top) and old ratty jeans:eek: . i found i knew the people at the wedding and they said that he did his job well, but his choice in clothes ruined the mood. i was wondering how should one dress to photograph a wedding as a professional?:confused:
one day i hope to photograph weddings and i want to avoid these mistakes.

Chris

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I just attended a first class wedding last weekend. the photgrapher was wearing a black tuxedo without the jacket. He would have been kicked out had he shown up in a wife-beater. Using Canon equip. and very professional, only spoke when directing guests in photos. He even had two apprentices to be sure his bases were covered. (it was a huge reception.) Made mucho $$$, I'm sure... My uncle was crying over the bill more than about his daughter getting married off!:p ;)

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Clothes that fit the decor but let you move around in and if you kneel down wont show stains on knees.
A pair of fitted khakis and a nice dress shirt in neutral color is what I like to see. Basically dress like one of the guests.

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
Bear in mind what day it is before you ask for advice on clothing.

Our wedding photographer wore a basic suit which looked fine, but he smelled something awful, so an important point is to wash (sounds basic, but he obviously forgot)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.