Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calande

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Hi guys,

I can't get rid of what seems to be a 1 pixel horizontal space between the top menu bar, and the application window. With the mouse, I can't push the app any upper. There is still this 1px space. Granted, if I maximize the app window, the 1px line disappears, but so does the menu bar, obviously! I included an attached screenshot for you to see. What we see through this 1px line is just the desktop wallpaper (a landscape). How can I have the application window to just stick to the menu bar on top, so that I don't have this space? I use a Mac Mini M1 with a 4K ASUS MG24UQ monitor.
Thank you! ;)

C.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-08-26 à 09.04.30.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-08-26 à 09.04.30.png
    564.5 KB · Views: 380

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't notice it as I have an almost black screen background in that area including behind the menubar. The semi-transparent menubar bugs me a little so I chose my background for that reason.

You could edit your wallpaper image in some manner so that the visible line ends up the same color as the menubar…and that would be easier if you just put a black strip at the top of the wallpaper. You still might have to adjust that one pixel line differently to get it to match due to the nature of the macOS menubar transparency thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.