Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
Hi,

I listen to my music (Apple Music) in my car via Bluetooth, so the music player widget appears in the lockscreen and it's fine, since I have most of the controls easy to reach.

But... after I leave the car (and consequently the iPhone disconnects from the car's Bluetooth), isn't the widget supposed to disappear from the lockscreen? Every single time I have to force kill the Music app in order to make the widget go away.

Is this the normal behavior? Is there any setting I need to change? Is it a persistent bug present for a while in different iOS versions?!

I currently have an iPhone Xs running iOS 12.2 beta 5, but it happens with every single version for a while.

I appreciate if someone has a start of an answer for this!

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
I don't think it's BETA related, since I'm pretty sure I already had this bug with iOS 12 and 12.1 final releases (maybe even iOS 11)...

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It does not automatically go away even after you stop music playing for a long while. This does not happen that often now in iOS 12.1.4 but it happens. Doesn’t bother me that much but still something that does not work properly.

Btw, there is no easy way to “get rid of it” other than letting it go on its own, since it is not considered as a “Notification” which means it cannot be removed in a similar way we do to remove notifications

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
Should go away once you unlock your phone.

You said well. It "should", but it doesn't. Haha

It does not automatically go away even after you stop music playing for a long while. This does not happen that often now in iOS 12.1.4 but it happens. Doesn’t bother me that much but still something that does not work properly.

Btw, there is no easy way to “get rid of it” other than letting it go on its own, since it is not considered as a “Notification” which means it cannot be removed in a similar way we do to remove notifications

In my case I just have to open/launch the Music app and then close/kill it and the widget goes away. But it's annoying to do this all the time...
It does bothers me because I like to keep things clean, I'm kinda maniac about this. :D

i reported it in feedback (a beta or 2 ago), hope apple gets to it soon (or at least, by next 'official' release)

Well thanks sir. But you are definitely not the first, since this crap happens. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.