Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarcoTogni

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2017
Hi,
below you can find a simple video to show you what I would like to do, I am sorry for my english pronunciation.
I explain what I need:
I like to use just the keyboard to open and close files, because sometimes I have to open thousands of files one-by-one. In Windows I usually opened a file with keyboard, then I closed it with the keyboard and then I could go to the next file just using the keyboard.

I noticed in Finder I can't do it, and it's like losing the focus after I open a file.
Please watch the video and tell me how can I do it, or if there is any shortcut to have the focus again.
THANK YOU!

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Hi,
below you can find a simple video to show you what I would like to do, I am sorry for my english pronunciation.
I explain what I need:
I like to use just the keyboard to open and close files, because sometimes I have to open thousands of files one-by-one. In Windows I usually opened a file with keyboard, then I closed it with the keyboard and then I could go to the next file just using the keyboard.

I noticed in Finder I can't do it, and it's like losing the focus after I open a file.
Please watch the video and tell me how can I do it, or if there is any shortcut to have the focus again.
THANK YOU!

cmmd-tab will do it (tap it).

in your exact example of looking at an image then closing it... you might just try spacebar while in finder in order to have a quick view of the image..

or, you could just cmmd-Q (quit) out of Preview instead of cmmd-W (close)

MarcoTogni

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2017
I love you, thank you so much.
I tried it for 3 days and it was so simple! And I didn't know about that wonderful spacebar command. so great!
Thank you!!

Reactions: flat five
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.