Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fillizof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Hi guys

I have sent my MacBook pro to an apple center to replace the screen.

After almost a week I have noticed that my battery dies faster then it used to be. Last time when I checked, my battery life cycle was about 600 something and that was about 1 and half month ago, I barely charge my laptop twice a week BTW. when I check now it shows me 832 this is impossible and it shouldn't be like this. I'm suspecting that they replaced my batter with the worse one. How can I know this? When I check the system info battery shows a serial number but I don't have any screenshot to check if it's the actual one. Would you please tell me how to find out if my battery replaced.

Thanky you.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
What is an apple center?, if Apple replaced it, it should be reading something close to 0. If it wasn't Apple, it sounds like you possibly got scammed. If it was Apple, or whoever it was, get back in contact and complain.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Hi guys

I have sent my MacBook pro to an apple center to replace the screen.

After almost a week I have noticed that my battery dies faster then it used to be. Last time when I checked, my battery life cycle was about 600 something and that was about 1 and half month ago, I barely charge my laptop twice a week BTW. when I check now it shows me 832 this is impossible and it shouldn't be like this. I'm suspecting that they replaced my batter with the worse one. How can I know this? When I check the system info battery shows a serial number but I don't have any screenshot to check if it's the actual one. Would you please tell me how to find out if my battery replaced.

Thanky you.

as the other poster has mentioned, its unclear if you had it changed at an official apple store (meaning a store that is owned and operated by apple, vs. possibly an apple authorized store (which, depending on the country, can look almost identical to apple directly owned stores...).

anyway. you are right to be suspicious.
i have an iPhone 6s.
i had the battery replaced at an apple store. official apple store. the replacement was done long before the eventual battery official replacement program.
i dont remember the usage data exactly, but the cycle count did NOT change.
i dont think apple scammed me.
but i do think it was a faulty repair.
the 2nd time i had the battery replaced was during the official subsidized replacement cost program.
that time the battery cycle count data did register near zero (although it was not actually zero. it was close to zero).

so be wary. be smart. even at apple stores.
but ESPECIALLY be wary at so called authorized repair or retail stores.
apple has a wide variety of agreements with companies that are local to each country that it has an authorized program in. depending on the country, i have found very shady practices in several countries.

it does no apparent good to report this kind of thing to apple, i have directly found. they take no action.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.