Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tester2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
hi guys just i like to know how to make passport size photo by using MS-Power Point. I want to arrange size like 3.5 cm by 3.5 cm. So can any body let me know how to do this.

Thanks

tester2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
I just did the google search and I become member today, I thought I can do by myself to get Passport size photo like other doing this. Hope some one let me know how it can be do by using MS-Power Point.

And I don't want to use this for any Government ID purpose, I just want to learn this for hobby,.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
hi guys just i like to know how to make passport size photo by using MS-Power Point. I want to arrange size like 3.5 cm by 3.5 cm. So can any body let me know how to do this.

Thanks
There are numerous raster graphics [photograph] editors available for the Mac. Why on Earth do you want to use a presentation app? iPhoto, GraphicConverter, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop? Each one will do the job and is an immeasurably better choice for editing photograps.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I don't even think you can legally make your own passport photos. It's a serious legal document.

Dale

At least in the US, the State Department gives you the requirements for the photograph, so yes you can make your own as long as the picture dimensions, head dimensions, background, clothing and lighting are to their specifications.

Let's face it, if you have three lights you can do a better job than the folks who do it for $8 at the local drug store. If you don't, the local drug store is cheap...

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html

I don't know why the OP can't simply resize the image in just about any software out there- I can't imagine a scenario where Power Point would be a tool of choice for anything like that.

tester2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
There are numerous raster graphics [photograph] editors available for the Mac. Why on Earth do you want to use a presentation app? iPhoto, GraphicConverter, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop? Each one will do the job and is an immeasurably better choice for editing photograps.

do you think GraphicConverter will work on windowsXP system. Because I got winXP PC.

thanks

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
do you think GraphicConverter will work on windowsXP system. Because I got winXP PC.

thanks

Nope. Do you think that you'd be better off on PC forums when asking about software as they are Macintosh forums so people will suggest software that runs on Mac OS.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Why not just apply the square crop you want, double click, change the image to 3.5 cm (or the inch conversion) and then OK.

Geezz...

Or, do something that makes a little more sense. How about download the beta of Light Room 3 or the free trial of LR2. Then do the cropping and export from that in the size you want. This is how I made by passport pictures last year.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
I don't even think you can legally make your own passport photos. It's a serious legal document.

In the US you're required to provide your own, and getting visas for many different countries also requires you to provide your own photos. They have to meet various size requirements as stated above and also need to withstand 350-F heat (or something like that) without warping for US passports.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
The thread that's going no where. I'm still amazed at the number of people who think something MS is always the answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.