Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dtalksall

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
When making a phone call it's easy to add the "+", just hold down the 0. However, when on a call, and there's an automation asking you to put in your number, holding down the "0" does not add the "+". Typing in the number without the plus doesn't work, it gives an error.
I had an issue with an Uber ride. Got a message to call a number. Call the number and instantly there's a voice prompt to type in my number with the country code. I can't do that without the "+', it says the number is not valid, and holding down "0" does nothing. Is there some sort of workaround for this?

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Entering "+" is just a shorthand way of entering your country's international exit code, not your country code. In the US, "+" is sent as "011". In the UK, and many other countries, "+" is sent as "00". It's the number you enter after the "+" that is the country code.

Next time, try entering just the country code. If that doesn't work, use your country's international exit code, followed by the country code. Example: assume your U.S. number is 555-555-5555. Try entering either 1-555-555-5555 or 011-1-555-555-5555.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.