Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Sorry, but it cannot be removed. Also, I guess I'm the opposite of you since the scratch wouldn't bother me but the other problems would bug me that you mentioned (but as people know here I am very picky with screens). Maybe it's best to exchange it because of the other issues while also getting one without a scratch, but only you can make that call.

Reactions: 44267547

josedavidxcu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2017
Sorry, but it cannot be removed. Also, I guess I'm the opposite of you since the scratch wouldn't bother me but the other problems would bug me that you mentioned (but as people know here I am very picky with screens). Maybe it's best to exchange it because of the other issues while also getting one without a scratch, but only you can make that call.
Well I thought now about returning it bc basically I'm very used to tilting the phone on a almost sitting position when im using while sitting at home and the chances of seeing the white line from the light source its gonna drive me nuts everytime. Also that since the screen is placed more to the left than to the right, the tilting can be noticed a lot in the horizontal lines, bc actually I have had iphone 6s (sd size) which had a bit of tilted screen but it wasnt particularly placed almost on one of the sides, and now hiding it w the templated glass protector is very difficult and it's gonna be very noticeable anyways.
Also I wonder how can that white mini dot be on the very round corner of the white display like wtf lmao
Anyways I know im exposing myself to getting a worse screen bc the uniformity of this one was very good after all of my iphones had blue blotches everywhere and even scanlines in 2016.. Ill guess i'll be fine without the scratch and the white dot design flaw..

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yesterday I got a brand new 6s Plus from their online store, but when unboxing it I had to remove the brand new protector plastic from the part behind the screen so the screen would be protected meanwhile I was getting a templated glass protector and the case would fit correctly, but in the process, using scissors seems that i sightly scratched the casing, as when I unboxed it I didn't remember seeing it.

The scratch would be this:
DSC_1521.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this, as I am using a ringke case and when I look to the scratch it looks like some tiny white line, not actually a deep scratch or anything that when you turn on the flashlight shows a black scratch, instead this one disappears when I put the flashlight on.

Obviously is bugging me bc I'm very OCD and the phone has other manufacturing defects like always, example descentered screen and a bit tilted (Is that common or I am the only one who gets them like this??), also a white mini dot in the corner where the black border of the screen ends (the round corner I mean) and when I tilt the phone like an angle when you sit it down on a table, I can see some kind of white light line at the very top of the screen, like it's something related to backlight.

Overall and excluding that the phone is pretty fine and I don't want to return it at all bc the screen looks very and surprisingly uniform.

And btw if I remove it i would like the alluminum case or whatever it is to not lose the metal finish and if it isnt removed at all at least to make it as much imperceptible as possible.

Unfortunately Scratches are permanent with the aluminum. The one you noted in your picture is minimal and I would try to ignore it the best you can.

Pndrgnsvc

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2008
Georgetown, Texas
You might take it to a fine jeweler and see if he can buff-out the scratch (with his polish/rouge).

I have no experience with such, but think fine jewelers are experienced with tiny work and know how to preclude polish from migrating in to the device. Of course, my 2¢ is probably over-valued, so please use caution.

Should you go the jeweler route, please post back your results.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
You might take it to a fine jeweler and see if he can buff-out the scratch (with his polish/rouge).

I have no experience with such, but think fine jewelers are experienced with tiny work and know how to preclude polish from migrating in to the device. Of course, my 2¢ is probably over-valued, so please use caution.

Should you go the jeweler route, please post back your results.
There's no way to restore the finish to that area if the scratch was buffed out short of re anodizing the whole phone.

Reactions: Sunny1990
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.