Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I've been editing a series of Photo's including this one which is a Dandelion head. The stems of it have like a fringe around them, but it may just be due to the adjustments I have made.

I've already increased the noise slider to reduce the level of noise but that hasn't really made a difference, nor has the color slider in noise ( lightroom 2 )

Any other suggestions on how to reduce this 'edge'

Very much appreciated, I really want to print this Photo out !

NStocks

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    287 KB · Views: 121

FourCandles

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2009
England
You want the Chromatic Aberration sliders in LR to adjust fringing, not the noise sliders. Also, as you say that this may be due to adjustments you've made, then try going back in the Develop history to see. It may be that your adjustments have simply highlighted (excuse the pun) the aberration which was there all along.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I'm using a Samsung GX10 with a Pentax Macro Lens. I've gone over the history and I think it's like this because I boosted the blue slider loads ( see pic ) to get a vignette. I think I'm going to go into CS4 and crete a new layer with a vignette and use a suitable blending mode so that I only change the edges, not the whole Image.

NStocks

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    963.3 KB · Views: 98
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.