Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

q3anon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Hi,
Anyone knows how to remove duplicate devices in "text message forwarding" on iPhone with iOS 17.6 without changing iCloud account password? Text message forwarding was disable when I made the update to iOS 17.6.
Thanks

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Changing password is the only way I know to “force” duplicates off. Otherwise let ‘em be, they may fall off on their own at some point.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I don't even have the option for "text message forwarding" in settings for messages since the release of iOS17. I just noticed it when I wanted to stop having messages sent to my iPad from my iPhone. Tried everything I could find online to get it to re-appear but nothing has worked. Restoring my phone is the only thing left to try..

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I don't even have the option for "text message forwarding" in settings for messages since the release of iOS17. I just noticed it when I wanted to stop having messages sent to my iPad from my iPhone. Tried everything I could find online to get it to re-appear but nothing has worked. Restoring my phone is the only thing left to try..
You’re not signed into iMessage. Open Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and sign in there.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
You’re not signed into iMessage. Open Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and sign in there.
I am signed in. Messages are forwarding fine to my Mac and iPad. I just don't have the "text message forwarding" setting anymore. It disappeared. It used to be between "show contact photo" and "send read receipts". I've also signed out and back in and it still doesn't show. I've even signed in and out of iCloud to see if it fixed it and it didn't make a difference. When I search online for any ideas they suggest turning on and off iMessage, signing out and back into iMessage, try reset all settings (not guaranteed fix) and finally restoring the device

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.