Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
I have a MacBook Air 2015, with Big Sur. Currently, there is no Time Machine backup of the old OS.
Is there a way for me to reset to factory, and install the ORIGINAL OS, or at least an OS prior to Big Sur?

Thanks

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
It kept failing with the error on this link. Despite trying the various fixes on that thread, still did not work.
For now, I will just bloody leave it with Big Sur. After all, the MBA 2015 will never be as quick as the M1 :)

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
It kept failing with the error on this link. Despite trying the various fixes on that thread, still did not work.
For now, I will just bloody leave it with Big Sur. After all, the MBA 2015 will never be as quick as the M1 :)

Try removing your Air from the list of your devices at AppleID.apple.com and try again.

Reactions: circatee

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Are you able to download an older installer to create a bootable USB from another Mac?
I do not have access to another Mac. However, I am now evaluating the option of a MBA or MBP with an Intel chip.

PS: My experience with the M1 Mac Mini was AWFUL. Returned it after 6 days. Hence, above...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.