Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarsonS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Hi
I recently installed the Canon editing software that came with my camera. I read in iphoto that if I set the edit preferences to edit using an outside application that once the edits are made they will automaticaly be saved in iphoto. I can't get this part to work. I can set the prefrence, double click and the photo comes up in the Canon software but once I make the changes I can't figure out how to get the changes to be saved in iphoto. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Hi
I recently installed the Canon editing software that came with my camera. I read in iphoto that if I set the edit preferences to edit using an outside application that once the edits are made they will automaticaly be saved in iphoto. I can't get this part to work. I can set the prefrence, double click and the photo comes up in the Canon software but once I make the changes I can't figure out how to get the changes to be saved in iphoto. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Don't double-click on the photo. Just click on it one time, and then click on EDIT at the bottom of the window.

CarsonS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Hi
I tried that but it doesn't make a difference - either way i get into the Canon program i can't figure out how to make the changes save to iphoto.
Thanks anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.