Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greymarch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I bought an iMac Pro (spent around $5K) earlier this year. I am not getting my money's worth out of the machine. I never should have purchased it in the first place. Its not exactly the kind of device you put on craigslist, carry to a coffee shop, and make an exchange for cash. I also am not willing to sell it on ebay for all kinds of obvious reasons.

So...if you had a $5000 iMac Pro you wish to sell, how would you go about selling the machine?

Zen_Arcade

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2019
Craigslist, Swappa, or Facebook.

Without eBay, those are probably your best choices. Just meet in an Apple store or similar.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
I bought mine on eBay. Smooth transaction, paid a good price for it. I asked the seller to email the serial number to me so I could check to see if it had AppleCare. It didn't but could be added so I made an offer that was accepted.

The original box makes the best shipping container.

With eBay, you can accept PayPal which allows you to accept credit cards. With an item that's worth 4 figures, that's something to take into account.

My 2¢

No way I'd use CraigsList for an iMac Pro.

Reactions: Ledgem

D4walker

macrumors member
May 26, 2019
You could also try Mercari, I’ve seen lots of iMacs there and they seem to sell well enough. Also, the seller fees are WAY lower than ebays (since in eBay you also have to pay the paypal fees).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.