Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noelister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
ipacmm said:
I have never made a QTVR but I did find this software on Apple's site...

http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/

Go down a little on that page it has all of the QTVR Tools

Thanks that will come in handy.

Next, I would like to find out what type of equipment that is needed. I have looked at the 360Precision Pano head but it is out of my price range. Are there alternatives to this? Also what type of lens would work?

Thanks again

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
noelister said:

Next, I would like to find out what type of equipment that is needed. I have looked at the 360Precision Pano head but it is out of my price range. Are there alternatives to this? Also what type of lens would work?

Thanks again

Just using a stiching program. Take the images as wide as you can without too much edge warping (forgettng techniqule term here). I've done some pretty nice 360 straight on panos outside using 24 pictures :eek: :D

Indoors becomes a lot harder to stitch tough, because the edge warping is more pronounced. Still, try stitching first, it's a lot cheaper than buying a lens that you may not need.

~Earendil

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
noelister said:

Thanks again

Rotating the camera exactly through the optical center is onlt required if there ae object in the frame that are very close to the camera. Start with a scenic subject where the closes objects are 20 or more feet away. You can even hand hold the camera but a tripod and a short 6 inch spirt level helps.

That Pano head is "way overkill"

noelister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
noelister said:
Thanks iGary!

Since you have dealt with this could you help me get started? I know the camera I picked out may not be as strong as some would recommend but it was all I could afford at this time (curse college! :D ). Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
N

It's a perfect camera - read the tutorials and mess abotu a bit and I'll try and get in touch when I get back on Monday. ;) Kekus has some excellent tutorials as well.

noelister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
iGary said:
It's a perfect camera - read the tutorials and mess abotu a bit and I'll try and get in touch when I get back on Monday. ;) Kekus has some excellent tutorials as well.

Alrighty thanks! Just send me a PM or something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.