Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
I want a Milanese band but can not buy a new one. I’ve been watching eBay. Just because someone has a box doesn’t prove it, so what can I look for to tell as best I can, a real Apple from another brand? I’ve seen photos of the connector ends with text, but I’ve also seen supposed real ones that don’t have that.. maybe original generation ones?
Any help appreciated.. I’m looking for a super good deal, silver or black, I like both. If you know someone about to sell one point them in my direction thanks:)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I want a Milanese band but can not buy a new one. I’ve been watching eBay. Just because someone has a box doesn’t prove it, so what can I look for to tell as best I can, a real Apple from another brand? I’ve seen photos of the connector ends with text, but I’ve also seen supposed real ones that don’t have that.. maybe original generation ones?
Any help appreciated.. I’m looking for a super good deal, silver or black, I like both. If you know someone about to sell one point them in my direction thanks:)

Aside from having original box and text on the Milanese band, I would also make sure you read feedback and check The sellers rating before you purchase the band. There really is no other definitive way to tell if the Milanese loop is authentic or not other than based off pictures. There are many third party bands that look exactly like it, but regardless, you will be protected by eBay if you did purchase a fraudulent Product.

Also, you can request other photos from the seller if you wanted to see additional pictures of the band, which is another good way to test and see if the seller is responsive and forthcoming with their product they are selling.

Reactions: Laryl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.