Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voraciousvegan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
So, I had a bit of an idiot's revelation last night when I was cleaning my MBA 11"s screen with a microfiber cloth. This screen gets rather dusty and tends to develop dry bubbles over time. What I've been doing since I bought this in '15 is apply a mild pressure to the screen with the cloth to get the bubbles out. Well, something clicked this time; I wet the cloth a bit, and everything wiped off with a light touch. Now I'm paranoid I caused damage all those times I applied pressure cleaning the screen.

Is there any method to examine the screen for pressure damage? I might replace it just because I love this laptop so much.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
It'll be fine. Pressure damage would be immediately visible as damage or blotches. No need for concern.

You're fine using a microfibre cloth, but for future don't use water if that's what you used (wasn't too sure as you didn't mention in the original post). Use a gentler liquid such as Dr Magic Screen Cleaner.

Reactions: bernuli

voraciousvegan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
It'll be fine. Pressure damage would be immediately visible as damage or blotches. No need for concern.

You're fine using a microfibre cloth, but for future don't use water if that's what you used (wasn't too sure as you didn't mention in the original post). Use a gentler liquid such as Dr Magic Screen Cleaner.

I hope so (your username is very apropos)! I did use water, but literally a few drops in the cloth -- nothing dripping. I'll take the cleaner you mention into consideration.

Reactions: keysofanxiety
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.