Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trjwv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
kentucky...Go Cats
Recently returned from a Disney Vacation with the family. I have approximately 1200 pictures taken and uploaded on my MBP in Aperture. I had to delete my card on my Nikon to take more pics. Now I want to transfer all the pics from Aperture on my MBP to Aperture on my iMac and then delete on my MBP. What would be the simpliest way without compromising the quality of my raw files.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Copying it via Finder I suppose?

Just go to your Aperture library folder, or wherever your images are stored and copy them via network/HDD/flash drive to your iMac and its Aperture library.

Btw, no need to make duplicate threads.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
RAW is RAW, thus you can "degrade" the quality of RAW by just copying them. Do you have an external HD? If so, drag them into the HD, then onto your iMac. You could also do it via firewire i suppose.

GregPQ

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
Massachusetts
What I'd like to know is, can you 'corrupt' the Aperture library by copying the RAW files? I've heard that one should never, ever move or copy the JPG files in iPhoto via the Finder. I'm assuming the same would hold true for Aperture?

Is there an 'official' way to achieve what the OP is requesting, by using the Aperture interface and not Finder?

Greg
PS-I'm a Mac newbie.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
What I'd like to know is, can you 'corrupt' the Aperture library by copying the RAW files? I've heard that one should never, ever move or copy the JPG files in iPhoto via the Finder. I'm assuming the same would hold true for Aperture?

Is there an 'official' way to achieve what the OP is requesting, by using the Aperture interface and not Finder?

Greg
PS-I'm a Mac newbie.

4676512109_41bc0ca927_b.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.