Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

excelsior.ink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2020
I have used MS Teams once and I uninstalled it. But I can still see:

Core Audio Driver (MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver)

running as an Intel process on my M1 based macOS.
How can I uninstall this?

tosunkaya

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2022
thanks. With the ms teams update that came today, the same intel architecture process appeared in the background for me. Even though I uninstalled ms teams it was still there. When I removed it from the audio state folder, that MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver process didn't start automatically. It's much more logical to use ms teams as pwa on chrome for m1's, unlike the intel msteams app, it won't use excessive battery.
I had to delete:
Code:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver/Contents/MacOS/MSTeamsAudioDevice
and force kill the process.

kuddo

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2021
So I recently installed (and uninstalled short after) Teams on my MBA M1 and now i got stuck with this x64 process called Core Audio Driver (MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver) (2313) and I do not know how to remove it..
Regarding the path /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver , i do not have the HAL folder, nor can I find a MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver file in Library.
When I press the Sample button, this is what i get:

Analysis of sampling com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service (pid 2313) every 1 millisecond
Process: com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service [2313]
Path: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service
Load Address: 0x10247e000
Identifier: com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service
Version: 1.0 (1)
Code Type: X86-64 (translated)
Platform: macOS
Parent Process: launchd [1]

1659189244900.png

Last edited:

kuddo

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2021
Did you try looking in the Library folder in your personal directory? There is also an Audio/Plug-Ins folder there.

I did, but the Audio folder is empty (it has a few emtpy folders). Also I searched the Library folder in my personal directory using keywords.

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Try going into the System folder and then searching for 'core-audio'. You should get several hits that may help you identify where the driver is located or being loaded from. A couple of audio-related Plist files will also show up and may be worth examining their contents.

This is a tough one!

joloriquelme

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2018
Santiago, Chile
A few days ago Microsoft finally updated Teams to be a Apple Sillicon native app.

Funny thing is that, even with that, this process still appears at 'Intel', and it can't be removed.

1661485420280.png

Be aware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.