Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magentawave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I am running iTunes 12 on my MacBook Pro 13 (mid 2012), Big Sur.

When I first opened iTunes today I could see all the podcasts I am subscribed to as a plain list just like I could last week. Somehow today the plain ol list view changed to some dumb smart list thing with images that doesn’t show all the individual episodes and what I have already downloaded, etc.

I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to change my subscribed podcasts back to a plain freaking list. There are posts out there for older versions of iTunes but they don’t apply to iTunes 12.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you!

Last edited:

magentawave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
UPDATE: SEE MY LATEST POST BELOW THIS ONE!

When I select "Podcasts" in the left sidebar (see image) there is no "View As" or "Classic List" under "View."

I see "View" and then "Show View Options" but that is dimmed. (It remains dimmed for anything I select below "Settings" in the left sidebar.) Had this same problem a couple weeks ago and somewhere somehow I was able to change it to the "Classic List" but now I can't find where the heck that option is. Same problem after ejecting the iPod too.

Can't be this complicated. What am I missing here?

iTunes Version 12.9.5.5 on Macbook Pro 13 (mid 2014, Big Sur)
Screen Shot 2023-07-24 at 6.16.27 PM.png

Last edited:

Grumpus

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2021
You're looking at the podcasts settings of your iPod. Click Done in the lower right corner to return to the iTunes Library view. Then select podcasts in your iTunes library, i.e. the Podcasts selector in the Library tab in iTunes. Then the menu bar View -> View As should show two choices, List and Classic List.

Screen Shot 2023-07-24 at 8.14.52 PM.png

magentawave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
UPDATE: I just found the Classic List again. Problem was that "Podcasts" was not appearing in the left sidebar under "Library" - only "Stations." for future reference, this is how I got the Classic List to show...

Left sidebar > hover over Library and click Edit > Check boxes for Recent Updates and Podcasts > Go to iTunes menu bar at top > View > View As > Classic List

Thanks

Last edited:

Grumpus

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2021
There is a bug in iTunes 12.9.5 that you may run into when your podcast feeds are displayed as a Classic List. Trying to delete a feed by right-clicking and selecting Delete from Library does not work correctly. Selecting View As -> List lets you delete the feed, after which you can switch back to the Classic List view.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.