Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hagar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I have one HomePod connected to my Apple TV HD and want to sync audio up with video.

When TV Speakers are selected as the audio output, I can do the Wireless Audio Sync routine just fine. But as soon as I choose my HomePod (long press Home button, tapping the Airplay icon and choosing my HomePod ) the routine fails. As soon as I select Wireless Audio Sync I get an error stating “an error occurred, try again later”.

Am I doing something wrong? can I set a single HomePod as the default output? How could I get the Wireless Audio Sync up?

hagar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I have, but no other speakers. Note that the error comes almost immediately, like it’s not even trying. This makes me think it’s a bug or compatibility issue.

hagar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
As I said, I do have other wireless
products. Would be weird to only have a WiFi network for a single HomePod.
I have a Time Capsule as a router. Connected devices include some laptops, iPhones, smart home devices and tablets. No other speakers.

The ports you mentioned are open but I’ll check again if the network might be at fault. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.