Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zekiguy123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2017
Hello,
I am planning on selling my Apple watch series one on eBay however, I have no clue how I am going to ship it. I don't have the original brown outer box that it came with, just the normal box.
Should I sell it without the box and wrap it in bubble wrap and sell it, because I didn't find any other boxes shaped as the watch box.
Thanks
-Zeki

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
Go to a office supply store, Here in the US we have stores like Staples, Office Max, office depot. They also sell boxes at the post office,UPS, fedex stores and they can help you find the right box and packaging materials that you'll need.

zekiguy123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2017
Go to a office supply store, Here in the US we have stores like Staples, Office Max, office depot. They also sell boxes at the post office,UPS, fedex stores and they can help you find the right box and packaging materials that you'll need.
But I didn't find any boxes that are the exact shape of the apple watch box, Most boxes are squares, not oddly shaped rectangles.

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
But I didn't find any boxes that are the exact shape of the apple watch box, Most boxes are squares, not oddly shaped rectangles.
Yea i think you're going to have to buy a square box big enough to fit the apple watch box inside. Then use packing materials (peanuts, bubble wrap, etc.) to fill in the empty space, then ship it like that. You don't have much of an option if you can't locate a narrow square box.

zekiguy123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2017
Yea i think you're going to have to buy a square box big enough to fit the apple watch box inside. Then use packing materials (peanuts, bubble wrap, etc.) to fill in the empty space, then ship it like that. You don't have much of an option if you can't locate a narrow square box.
Yeah, you might be right, I was wondering if it would be possible maybe to just put a lot of bubble wrap around the watch itself, then put it in a thick envelope.

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
I was wondering about that as well. I also thought it would be very pricey to ship the watch. I ended up selling my SS first gen for $179 on FB instead.

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
Yeah, you might be right, I was wondering if it would be possible maybe to just put a lot of bubble wrap around the watch itself, then put it in a thick envelope.

I would advise against not putting it in some kind of box. Not only will a proper box provide better protection during shipment, but it will also conceal the apple watch so people dont steal it. I remember during some of the iPhone launch days a few years ago, when people were getting empty boxes at the door because they were being stolen during shipment.

gsucyclist

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2014
If you have a UPS store take it there. They will find a box that it will fit in and pack it up for you and ship it off. That's what I did when I sold mine on eBay

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Just shipped one today, grab a medium flat rate box at the post office, it fits diagonally in the box perfectly. Then fill the empty space with bubble wrap or peanuts.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Remember the watch and the phones ship with no padding at all. Humans are harder on them then the post office. Now I hope you shipped to a verified address.

ak_ree

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2017
I recently sold mine and put it in the original box and then in a bubble mailer. When I bought the watch (bought it second hand from eBay) that’s Also how it was shipped to me.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008

After reading your posts in this thread, it is apparent that you don’t understand how to ship something. Just go to the UPS or FedEx store and pay them a couple of bucks to do it for you.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Take the watch, wrap it in duct tape until your form a ball the size of a soccer ball. Deliver it in person.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Drop kick ship.
Like they said find a box a little bigger, fill it with bubble wrap or the USPS flat rate box is free.

Jessem1133

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Hello,
I am planning on selling my Apple watch series one on eBay however, I have no clue how I am going to ship it. I don't have the original brown outer box that it came with, just the normal box.
Should I sell it without the box and wrap it in bubble wrap and sell it, because I didn't find any other boxes shaped as the watch box.
Thanks
-Zeki
Have your parents help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.