Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mchuv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2020
After an Big OS Update my HP DeskJet HP 4615 stoped working , it displays the next error: "Error in filter" it also display a message saying that the size of the paper is not supported by the printer, but i'm using A4 paper.

1628180233007.png

Two moth ago I also had problems with the same printer, I updated the printer driver and it started working, but not it doesn't work.

It's very disapointing that BigSur have a lot of compatibility problems with hardware.

PD: I now that some months ago the problem was that HP didn't renewed it's certificates for their printer drivers, and it caused the problems.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
It looks like issue on paper size. Have you tried save the doc to pdf first, and print from Preview app? I had few times success using this workaround.

Reactions: Mchuv

Mchuv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2020
It looks like issue on paper size. Have you tried save the doc to pdf first, and print from Preview app? I had few times success using this workaround.
Thank you, it worked, if I print a PDF it works, but if I print using WPS office , my daiyli office program it doesn't, but if I select the option "scale to fit paper size" it works, maybe the WPS is not compatible with Big Sur 11.4, I used my printer 6 weeks ago and it worked.

1628205496112.png

Thank you again.

Reactions: Isamilis
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.