Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nyc2pdx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Couple of months ago, I got a HTC vive and tried for days to get it to work with my iMac in bootcamp running windows 10. no dice. I had a USB C to HDMI, tried and tried to make it work, but never got any picture on the Vive except some flashes of light. Contacted support and the first thing they said was to send them a photo of the back of my cpu. I did and they instantly said "sorry, no support for macs". WOuldn't even consider I was running bootcamp (I don't think she knew what it was). Frustrated, I returned it.

But, I would like to get it working and buy one again. Does anyone have experience setting up a Vive on a late 2017 iMac with USB-C? correct converters to HDMI, etc...I have a i7 4.2 GHz processor, 40gb DDR4 ram, and the radeon pro 580 (8gb). More than enough to cover VR.

Anyone? I know it will work, but requires particular cables, etc...I'd love to hear from someone with a similar system how they go it to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.