Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscorbin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Vallejo, CA
I just got home from a family outing just a BBQ nothing big, just had about 50 or so images on my card. plugged my card into my computer, aperture started up, i downloaded the photos into the aperture library, once they where all loaded i started going through them, i found one i really hated and hit command-delete and the ENTIRE project was gone just gone, i tried command-z to undo and nothing the entire project just gone, now this was not a big deal there where no good pics to begin with, but what if this had been for a client. i tried to find a way to contact apple by e-mail but no luck if anyone has a link to a e-mail address that would help to calm my anger, i mean i paid $300 for aperture it should work like other pro apps do right?

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I just got home from a family outing just a BBQ nothing big, just had about 50 or so images on my card. plugged my card into my computer, aperture started up, i downloaded the photos into the aperture library, once they where all loaded i started going through them, i found one i really hated and hit command-delete and the ENTIRE project was gone just gone, i tried command-z to undo and nothing the entire project just gone, now this was not a big deal there where no good pics to begin with, but what if this had been for a client. i tried to find a way to contact apple by e-mail but no luck if anyone has a link to a e-mail address that would help to calm my anger, i mean i paid $300 for aperture it should work like other pro apps do right?

1. Your images are still in Library->All Images though, right?
2. Aperture->Provide Aperture Feedback in the application itself.

chriscorbin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Vallejo, CA
1. Your images are still in Library->All Images though, right?
2. Aperture->Provide Aperture Feedback in the application itself.

1.no theimages are not in the main library thank you for reminding me though, they are just gone, and like an idiot i deleted my card after import

2. thanks i gave apple a piece of my mind

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
Did they move to the trash?

Thats where all images go if you delete them in Aperture! So if you still have your trash, then you're good to go!

There is a dialog box that pops up telling you that you are about to delete original images from your library! Don't just hit OK, read the stuff.

chriscorbin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Vallejo, CA
Thats where all images go if you delete them in Aperture! So if you still have your trash, then you're good to go!

There is a dialog box that pops up telling you that you are about to delete original images from your library! Don't just hit OK, read the stuff.

thanks for the help didn't even think to look there

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
NEVER upload directly from a memory card into Aperture! Always upload to a folder on your desktop first and then copy them to an external drive for additional safekeeping and only after that go ahead and transfer into Aperture. Also always check to ensure that the images are safely in the computer before reformatting the memory card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.