Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Hey, i am tempered, sorry, tempted ;p to try out hydrogel over tempered glass
Does anyone use hydrogel for their iPhone?
If yes, how it feels when you use fingers on it?
What i like on tempered glass its more slippery than a standard film protector
Is that hard to apply? I mean for the bubble/dust
Thanks

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Ok thanks you
By the way i am looking for same tempered glass form ESR for iPhone 12 which has black border and anti dust integrated speakers
I cant find any similar one for iPhone 13 series

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I went with Zagg. There's a Zagg kiosk right outside my local Apple Store. When Apple told me they couldn't put a tempered glass one on my new iPhone13PM because they were all recalled I went over to the Zagg guys. BAM!

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
Ok thanks you
By the way i am looking for same tempered glass form ESR for iPhone 12 which has black border and anti dust integrated speakers
Any particular reason why you are wanting the black border? I know it is useful on phones that have a curved edge to help hide distortions and imperfections due to it not being able to stick there, but I don't think it's needed on phones that are completely flat, IMO.

This is the one I use on my iPhone 13, and it is nearly invisible.

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
I think black borders are sightly better, because without black bar, sometimes a bubble might appears on the edges of corners

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
I think black borders are sightly better, because without black bar, sometimes a bubble might appears on the edges of corners
Yes, that's what I was saying. The black borders were mainly designed for phones that have curved edges, which causes that issue. This isn't an issue for phones that are completely flat like the iPhone 12 and 13, at least in my experience.

Regardless, you should be able to find some if you Google "iPhone 13 screen protector black border".

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Ok thanks you
This is the one I am using.

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Unfortunately its not avail in EU, you guys from us are lucky, EU Amazon shop have limited choice and pricey
I only find two models, Spigen and ESR, which are well known brand
I m hesitating, does anyone have tested Spigen and their Alignmaster guide frame?

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Ok thanks you
Esr. I have several of their products and screen protectors. They’re the anker or screen protectors.

Jammes

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2022
Dallas
Always used glass. But over time, I got chips. After that, I started gluing the hydrogel. I change more often but I like it more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.