Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RabbitSpatula

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2016
Stockholm, Sweden
This is a question for all you photographers out there.
Has anyone found a way to use their Magsafe equipped Hyper Juice batteries with the new 15 inch MBP. I am using the 150 WH sized batteries.
I know that Hyper juice have a USB C setup for the 29W USB C only macbook, but I don´t think this will cut it for the more power hungry (87W) 15 inch MBP- especially when driven hard on a photo shoot.

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 10.32.18.png Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 10.34.40.png

Remember that power will need to be delivered from the DC out socket on the battery, using the cable with a MagSafe connector on one end. Simply running a USB A to USB C cable between the battery and computer will not deliver enough power.
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 10.55.25.png

A Magsafe to USB C adapter is what we need. Like this one below which is on Kickstarter-Snapnator.com.

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 10.41.08.png

This looks like it should do the job, but will not be available until January according to the website.

I assume/hope the makers of the Hyper juice battery will develop a good solution soon, and I dearly hope I won´t need to replace the 3 batteries I already own.
But in the meantime, the new MBP will be arriving next week and I would like to put it to work on location immediately, assuming I can keep it powered all day.

Any ideas?

Thanks, (and yes, I am also excited to play with my new max spec machine when it arrives soon)

All the best.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
The thing you are linking to isn't really MagSafe. It's similar but it won't fit. Griffin adapter same deal. MagSafe-like idea, but not the same connector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.