Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Anyway, I was freeing up space on my MBP ('09), and I had several copies for some reason of certain songs, so me, in my infanite wisdom deleted the multiple copies but kept one... Now I can't play the songs that I took off what I assumed where multiple copies. I know I have them all saved on my external hard drive because I always made sure I backed up after any updates or new itunes purchases.

Can someone please, help me?

Thank you!

Last edited:

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
It would help to know exactly what you did. Did you delete the files directly or via iTunes? It sound like the former. If that's the case you may just need to point your library entries to the files that you didn't delete.

If all else fails, restore from backup. That's what it's for. As long as you have a good backup you're covered.

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
It would help to know exactly what you did. Did you delete the files directly or via iTunes? It sound like the former. If that's the case you may just need to point your library entries to the files that you didn't delete.

If all else fails, restore from backup. That's what it's for. As long as you have a good backup you're covered.
Thank you for your reply... I must have figured it out. It was very late when I decided to try to fix what I did, though, now I have a new question. I have copies of the songs that I had deleted off. Can I just put them in my folder that I created to send my recovered files to? Would doing that just take more space off my HDD?

Thanks again! :)

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Update...

and it's a wonderful surprise that I found this program online. I was looking online to see if there was something I didn't try. I found this awesome app called Senuti. It recovered everything! I highly recommend it for anyone who did what I did or accidently deleted off their Itunes altogether. (If that is actually possible. I don't want to be the first to find out. :rolleyes:)

Go here to download this program.... It's worth it.
http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.