Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Verdem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2024
Problem: After transferring Ventura 13.6.7 system and files from MacBook 16 2019 to iMac 2017, I can't log into my Apple ID like any other, always like in the video. If you create a new user in the transferred system, then everything is ok, he will be able to log in to any Apple ID, but the user is new and my desktop is not there (if it is possible to transfer the desktop of the old user to the new one, write how)
What I've done: Safe mode doesn't help (it gives an error when logging in to Apple ID: The operation cannot be completed. Error AASignInErrors -8004), VPN doesn't help, changing the username doesn't help, renaming the folder doesn't help. help, replacing the name of the old user's folder with the new user's folder does not help (the system does not boot), commands in the terminal do not help, changing the name of the root folders for users simply leads to an eternal password loading at login. I need exactly the transferred user with his desktop, if it is possible to somehow transfer it to a new created user so that everything works, I’m waiting for ideas.
Video information:
After the transfer, the imac shows that I have already signed in to the Apple ID, but there is no synchronization with iCloud and this PC is not on the iCloud website. If you click sign out of Apple ID and sign in again, it asks for a code,sign in I cannot — there is no error or warning. I click sign in button and the sign in button appears again. If you go to appstore, the situation is similar.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Problem: After transferring Ventura 13.6.7 system and files from MacBook 16 2019 to iMac 2017, I can't log into my Apple ID like any other, always like in the video.
Try signing out of your Apple Id on both systems and shutdown both. Boot the iMac and try to sign into your Apple Id. Do you have different Apple Ids for your iCloud and App Store?

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
How did you transfer the data?

Here's what I would do:
Make sure I had the TM backup on an external drive.
System settings on the imac: General; Erase this mac. Restart.
Connect the TM backup drive.
In the startup Manager, choose to import a user account from TM backup.

This is the recommended way. Copying files and changing folder names is not.

Btw, restoring from backup does not involve the system installation.
The system can only be installed or upgraded by macOS installers and apple web installer.

Verdem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2024
Try signing out of your Apple Id on both systems and shutdown both. Boot the iMac and try to sign into your Apple Id. Do you have different Apple Ids for your iCloud and App Store?
I cannot log in not only to my apple ID, but also to any other apple ID in general, only newly created users in the system manage to log in to apple ID. I tried different Apple IDs both there and there, the result was always the same as in the video)

Verdem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2024
maybe there is some way to transfer the desktop from the old user to the newly created one? because it is impossible to log in with an apple id under a migrated mac user

Verdem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2024
Problem: After transferring Ventura 13.6.7 system and files from MacBook 16 2019 to iMac 2017, I can't log into my Apple ID like any other, always like in the video. If you create a new user in the transferred system, then everything is ok, he will be able to log in to any Apple ID, but the user is new and my desktop is not there (if it is possible to transfer the desktop of the old user to the new one, write how)
What I've done: Safe mode doesn't help (it gives an error when logging in to Apple ID: The operation cannot be completed. Error AASignInErrors -8004), VPN doesn't help, changing the username doesn't help, renaming the folder doesn't help. help, replacing the name of the old user's folder with the new user's folder does not help (the system does not boot), commands in the terminal do not help, changing the name of the root folders for users simply leads to an eternal password loading at login. I need exactly the transferred user with his desktop, if it is possible to somehow transfer it to a new created user so that everything works, I’m waiting for ideas.
Video information:
After the transfer, the imac shows that I have already signed in to the Apple ID, but there is no synchronization with iCloud and this PC is not on the iCloud website. If you click sign out of Apple ID and sign in again, it asks for a code,sign in I cannot — there is no error or warning. I click sign in button and the sign in button appears again. If you go to appstore, the situation is similar.
The problem is solved.
You need to go to the folder: user/library (hidden folder)/Keychains. In it, delete or move somewhere everything from a folder like A56E6A70-668F******************** (folder with your current profile data) After that, restart your computer and go to your Apple ID, the Mac will create your data in this folder again and everything will work. Perhaps after this you will have to restart the PC again. Also, if problems arise in the Appstore, you need to switch to another buyer there (if there are several profiles in the system, then there will be a choice) and then back and then everything will work there too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.