Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheJing

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
Somewhere in Europe
For weeks, or possibly months now, I haven't been able to turn on AirDrop on my iPad.

I've Googled for hours and nothing seems to help. There must be a toggle somewhere that is "off" when it should be "on" that I just haven't found yet.

Bluetooth and wifi are on and have been switched off a thousand times. I've reset network settings. I've also updated the entire OS in the meantime.

In control center, the AirDrop button just doesn't respond. I can't long press it to display anything, nothing happens... It just says "Receiving off".

Thanks for any help!

PandaPunch

macrumors regular
May 4, 2015
I'm guessing you've already went to settings and tried to turn AirDrop from there? You can search for AirDrop in Settings.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
You may also try to reset all settings in settings- general at the bottom.

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Are you signed-in to your iPad with an Apple ID? I have a MacBook Pro without an Apple ID, so there is no AirDrop in it ether, as it cannot be identified on the network.

While you are fixing it, you could also use https://snapdrop.net/ to move stuff across any devices with web browsers over your WiFi network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.