Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealtorRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Hello,
I get no mail in the Mail app, nothing shows for sent or received. Any ideas?
Thanks.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
You need to explain the problem a bit more than that. Like what you’ve done so far to find the cause, if the mail setup is completed correctly, if it used to work before, if anything has changed recently etc.

RealtorRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Hello,
I get no mail in the Mail app, nothing shows for sent or received. Any ideas?
Thanks.
I used to use Gmail, but trying to get rid of all Google products and just use the stock Apple email. I checked under account and the only email that shows up is my icloud.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I used to use Gmail, but trying to get rid of all Google products and just use the stock Apple email. I checked under account and the only email that shows up is my icloud.
You are receiving your iCloud email but, not your Google email? If that is correct, have you gone to Settings > Accounts and Passwords > Add Account, to add any other email accounts to your iOS device you wish to receive?

RealtorRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
You are receiving your iCloud email but, not your Google email? If that is correct, have you gone to Settings > Accounts and Passwords > Add Account, to add any other email accounts to your iOS device you wish to receive?

I had the gmail app and that seems to work, but when I deleted gmail and just wanted to use the stock Apple Mail app, I get no emails. Right now, when I go to Accounts and Password’s all that is listed is ICloud. I’m also not getting text messages, on my iPad so, I think this is all gmail related.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I had the gmail app and that seems to work, but when I deleted gmail and just wanted to use the stock Apple Mail app, I get no emails. Right now, when I go to Accounts and Password’s all that is listed is ICloud. I’m also not getting text messages, on my iPad so, I think this is all gmail related.
You aren't getting GMail in the Apple stock app, because you haven't added the account like I outlined.

Reactions: eyoungren

RealtorRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Ok, but I don’t wanna use Gmail anymore. I just wanna use the stock email app.

a02

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2011
Ok, but I don’t wanna use Gmail anymore. I just wanna use the stock email app.
But you still have to add the Gmail account to the stock email app for it to receive any email sent to that address. If you have told all your contacts to redirect their emails to your iCloud email address then iCloud is all you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.