Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdequateAspergus

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 28, 2022
Hi everyone,

While going through my downloaded files, I found two .pdf files which were essentially screen caps of two complete Twitter threads. But they were not exactly screen caps since they saved not only what was on my screen, but the entire threads. I must've done this by accident, because I don't recall it. But now I'm wondering, how did I do this? This actually seems like a convenient way to save long webpages in an accessible format.

Thanks

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

While going through my downloaded files, I found two .pdf files which were essentially screen caps of two complete Twitter threads. But they were not exactly screen caps since they saved not only what was on my screen, but the entire threads. I must've done this by accident, because I don't recall it. But now I'm wondering, how did I do this? This actually seems like a convenient way to save long webpages in an accessible format.

Thanks
Is this a screen cap you might have made with your iPhone? In recent iOS versions you can take a screenshot of a web page and it will capture the entire web page, all the way down including parts you haven't scrolled to. I'm not aware of MacOS having this feature.

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Is this a screen cap you might have made with your iPhone? In recent iOS versions if you take a screenshot of a web page and it will offer a "Full Screen" option, which captures the entire web page, all the way down including parts you haven't scrolled to. It then offers to save that as a PDF to your Files app. That would fit the profile of your mystery screen cap.

Reactions: AdequateAspergus

AdequateAspergus

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 28, 2022
Is this a screen cap you might have made with your iPhone? In recent iOS versions if you take a screenshot of a web page and it will offer a "Full Screen" option, which captures the entire web page, all the way down including parts you haven't scrolled to. It then offers to save that as a PDF to your Files app. That would fit the profile of your mystery screen cap.
Oh, that's very possible! I found the files on my Mac, but they were on my iCloud. I just assumed I did that on my computer. In any case, that's a nice feature; they should add that to MacOS!

Reactions: ignatius345
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.