Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wisredz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Yes I just did it! ordered it with the 18-200mm VR lens and a 2 GB 133x lexar memory! Just wanted to share with you!

Thanks for your help! especially Clix Pix!

wisredz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
It's funny Nikon can't cope with the demand, giving that D70s is highly popular as well...

Amazon says that the delivery is expected on 22th of September. And my uncle returns on 28th... It IS hard to wait. And if my uncle misses it, I will have to wait even longer.

Here's how we did it. I asked my uncle if it was ok if we paid for it from Turkey and have it sent to him. He said that he is returning on 28th and that there was a chance of he missing the package. So he proposed that we send the package to his student who will return in October in case something goes awry. I can only hope that I will have my D200 with my uncle :) My sister's waiting her iPod nano, she's exicited as well. Nowhere near me though :D

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Congrats, that camera rocks. I had a chance to play with a friend's a few weeks back, and was really impressed with it.

wisredz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Benjamindaines said:
I want that lens so bad. Congratulations!

hi there, the 18-200mm VR lens is now available on amazon.com, thought I'd let you know. It's price is high for my opinion, it lists at $1150...

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
wisredz said:
hi there, the 18-200mm VR lens is now available on amazon.com, thought I'd let you know. It's price is high for my opinion, it lists at $1150...
Don't bother. At least I would not. I purchased mine from Roberts Imaging for $669, the original price. It's currently $699, but a $30 premium is still decent whereas a $481 premium is simply indecent. Be prepared to wait a few weeks, but I happily did just that.

wisredz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
I already have it :D bought it coupled with my D200.

Before it became available again on amazon.com it was listing at $799, and I believe those who have ordered it then have paid that much but no matter what, a 300 dollar price jump is way too much

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
wisredz said:
I already have it :D bought it coupled with my D200.

Before it became available again on amazon.com it was listing at $799, and I believe those who have ordered it then have paid that much but no matter what, a 300 dollar price jump is way too much
It's gratifying in a self-serving way to see the price go up after one has already purchased it. This is also known as an investment. ;)

shiv

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2006
Osaka, Japan
I bought my D200 in May and received it in July. The prices went down twice since then, once end of July and once just after the D80 announcement. As much as it feels good when prices go up after a purchase, it feels as bad when prices keep going down after purchase. :(

Nonetheless, the camera is beautiful both build-wise and all else. It was a major step up for me from my D70s, but it's a great learning process!

Congrats on the order!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.