Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
C819BF7A-148B-4746-968A-9399BAC8A5D3.jpeg

I participated in a beta test for the cheatsheet App with my iPhone 7 Plus. And what you see in the image started occuring.

When I purchased my iPhone X and restored my backup from iTunes to it I imported the same issue.

Since then ever so often what you see in the image pops up, I have no idea why or how to resolve it. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you very much :)

Btw I have already deleted the cheatsheet beta app and profile etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
iCloud and or iTunes set to incorrect email/account id on the device?

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
I’ve gotten that when I’ve tested betas with in app purchases. It’s a sandboxed App Store so you wouldn’t actually be charged. Not sure why you’re still seeing if the beta is removed though. Have you tried a hard reboot?

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
Does the login pop up occur randomly and during any app? Have you tried the obvious restart of the X?
Absolutely, hard reset. The problem transferred from the iPhone 7 plus to the x. But get this, I deleted the beta before I made the backup to restore it to the X. Does that make sense?

Agent2015

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Sonoran Desert
Absolutely, hard reset. The problem transferred from the iPhone 7 plus to the x. But get this, I deleted the beta before I made the backup to restore it to the X. Does that make sense?
Very strange indeed. Something got funked up during the backup apparently. Was the backup via iCloud or local via iTunes? At this point you might have to try another full reset and setup the X as a new iPhone. Then start restoring stuff a bit at a time starting with your iCloud/AppleID data and iTunes account if it's a separate account (should be). Then bring back essential apps a few at a time. All the while testing to see if the problem login reoccurs. Ultimately it will probably be an app with corrupted data and most likely the cheatsheet app.It reminds me of an issue I had with a corrupted app and its related back with iOS 9. Once I identified the problem app my issue went away. Of course I don't remember what the app was.

Just so I understand, the problem started only when you restored the backup to the X? in other words, the problem was not apparent with the iPhone 7 Plus?

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
Very strange indeed. Something got funked up during the backup apparently. Was the backup via iCloud or local via iTunes? At this point you might have to try another full reset and setup the X as a new iPhone. Then start restoring stuff a bit at a time starting with your iCloud/AppleID data and iTunes account if it's a separate account (should be). Then bring back essential apps a few at a time. All the while testing to see if the problem login reoccurs. Ultimately it will probably be an app with corrupted data and most likely the cheatsheet app.It reminds me of an issue I had with a corrupted app and its related back with iOS 9. Once I identified the problem app my issue went away. Of course I don't remember what the app was.

Just so I understand, the problem started only when you restored the backup to the X? in other words, the problem was not apparent with the iPhone 7 Plus?

No, the problem was occuring first on the iPhone 7 Plus, then I deleted the beta App, then made an iTunes (local) backup, then restored that iPhone 7 Plus backup to the iPhone X.

I have deleted the cheatsheet App for now, so far the issue hasn't occured again, so I'll wait and see if it occurs again. If it does I'll take your advice and set the X up as a new phone (with all 300 apps of mine lol).

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
View attachment 735776

I participated in a beta test for the cheatsheet App with my iPhone 7 Plus. And what you see in the image started occuring.

When I purchased my iPhone X and restored my backup from iTunes to it I imported the same issue.

Since then ever so often what you see in the image pops up, I have no idea why or how to resolve it. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you very much :)

Btw I have already deleted the cheatsheet beta app and profile etc.
Restore as new. If you’ve been using iCloud synch, the only thing you lose are iMessages.

Also, don’t run beta software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.