Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheTruth101

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2017
Ok... first... I am looking for comments to help me to get my money. I am not looking for any other conversation. I do not care about "oh... well blah, blah, blah...". Go and hang out somewhere else. I am looking for people with the experience.

ok.

I sold was selling a keyboard on eBay, pick up only because is 60lbs. A 88 keys Roland A-90. This guy came and asked me to ship it to him and he wanted it like crazy. I considered it and charged him $190 extra. I live in FL and he lives in South Carolina. I send the keyboard via UPS ground. He wanted the keyboard for himself.

UPS lost the item and a few days later he wanted his money back because it was lost and HE OPENED A DISPUTE IN PAY PAL. I told him to wait and see what happened and he was ok with it.

Then the item appeared in some UPS facility and UPS called me and I told them to ship it to him. I sent a messaged to him.

Now, he send a notification that he does not want the keyboard because he had a client for it and it has been to long. He writes that he spoke to UPS to have it ship it to me. I call UPS and have it ship it back to him.

The item arrives to his place and he does not want to accept it and ship it back to me again.

So... now he escalates the dispute, that he does not want the keyboard because "he didn't receive it or it was not as described".

The keyboard is in transit to FL and I have been talking to Paypal and they are washing their hans. I have seen their links with all their information about cases like this and this falls into buyers remorse which is not covered by then because there was nothing wrong with the item and he actually had control over the shipping as the UPS notes says.

The escalating was on Saturday when Paypal is closed but I have been chatting with them via Facebook.

Any recommendation I can fallow? not receiving the item? any trick?

Thank you

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
What are you out? The additional $190 shipping? Can you start a dispute with UPS? You're getting the keyboard back so assuming it's still in the same condition, you can at least sell it again.

Fancuku

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2015
PA, USA
I am afraid that there is nothing you can do now and have to take the loss of shipping cost.I guarantee you that ebay/paypal will side with the buyer.

Three141

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2016
London
What are you out? The additional $190 shipping? Can you start a dispute with UPS? You're getting the keyboard back so assuming it's still in the same condition, you can at least sell it again.

I'm with D.T. On this; first off take the item back as you can always relist, some a holes would try to keep it and not return it.

Once item is back in your hands, take it up with UPS, the customer has told you it was due to their delay in getting the goods that the order was cancelled as you have this in writing; I would keep pressing them until you get your refund for your postage.

ZapNZs

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2017
If UPS temporarily misplaced the package and it did not meet the delivery time, I believe it is eligible for the money back guarantee even if the package was not insured to its full value.

As far as PayPal/eBay goes, I can almost promise you that they will side with the Buyer regardless of the circumstances. Even in cases of clear-cut Buyer-side scams, both are infamous for screwing Sellers over.

Based on my prior experiences with PayPal, I would accept the return and then try to get at least some money back from UPS. I'm not sure how common this is, but PayPal has forcefully refunded a Buyer's purchase even when the Buyer is the one in possession of the item (giving the Buyer very little reason to return the item even though they were refunded.)

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.