Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Ok So Im new to shooting at night but I have a bit of a problem. When I shoot in really low light conditions all my photos have these weird color dots all through the photos. You can see by the picture below. I have the Olympus E-500. How do I fix this?

Attachments

• P8301964.jpg
    P8301964.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 146

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
ahhh thanks man. Looks like my camera is dead. and Im over seas and just got it shipped to me today. AHHHH the camera is like only a year old. They were saying that its because its hot out but its winter down here.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
How long of an exposure are you using? I have the same camera, and while I do get some colored noise on long-exposures (~ 10 seconds) it's nothing like that. Also, do you have noise reduction turned on? On long-exposure shots it will take a second picture with the shutter closed to help find and eliminate those little buggers.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
How long of an exposure are you using? I have the same camera, and while I do get some colored noise on long-exposures (~ 10 seconds) it's nothing like that. Also, do you have noise reduction turned on? On long-exposure shots it will take a second picture with the shutter closed to help find and eliminate those little buggers.

Well I think that exposure was about 30 seconds. And no I did not have noise reduction on. I will try with the noise reduction on. Thanks :)

Actually I just took about a 15 second exposure with the lense cap on and it got rid of them. Thanks so much! Noise reduction fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.